Share this call for applications widely in your networks – take your hospital innovation to the global stage at the World Hospital Congress!
Do you have a team of innovators in your hospital who have developed something that has changed how the organization works? Do you work with a start-up company that has taken a completely new approach to an established problem? Do you want the opportunity to share exciting cutting-edge innovations from your country with hospital leaders from around the world?
- Open now: The application process to join the Hub’s 2024 line-up.
- Deadline for applications: Friday 19 April.
- Finalists will be contacted by Monday 1 July.
- Attendance at the 47th World Hospital Congress in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) from 10 to 12 September.
Each application will be reviewed against 4 criteria.
- Innovative value and interest to the IHF membership.
- Evidence of purpose and responsiveness to a need or challenge.
- Evidence of impact in the following areas: access to care, clinical quality, patient satisfaction, workforce wellbeing, environmental sustainability, operational efficiency.
- Potential for scalability.
- Hospitals, healthcare providers, academic institutions, hospital associations, ministries of health, and private companies are welcome to apply.
- Each application must be accompanied by a letter of support from an IHF member organization (or a member hospital) answering the questions: in your view, is this innovation improving the provision of high-quality, patient-centred care? Does this innovation have potential to be scaled to other organizations in different markets? You can use this sample letter for a template.
- The innovations can be devices, products, processes, or hospital designs.
- The innovations should be currently in use in at least one healthcare setting of an IHF member or in a member hospital of an IHF member.
- The innovations should bring something to Congress that the IHF membership may not have seen before, and innovators should be willing to share their stories and challenges of implementation and integration.
- Please note that the specific context in which care is being provided will be taken into account by the review panel – low-cost, low-tech innovations that meet a specific need are very welcome.
- If selected, innovators must agree to send at least one representative to the World Hospital Congress in Rio de Janeiro (10–12 September 2024) – virtual participation will not be possible.
- It is possible to submit an entry to both the Innovation Hub and IHF Awards. If you choose to do so, please indicate this in your application and use the same contact information in both applications.