We are not accepting new applications for the 2023 programme.
- The application process opened on Thursday 12 January and closed on Monday 6 February at 12:00 (CET).
- Candidates selected for the 2023 programme will be informed by the end of March.
- Masterclasses will take place from April to October.
- Small group work with international peers in a special interest area, to produce a work item to be published between September and November.
- Attendance at the 45th World Hospital Congress in Lisbon (Portugal) from 25 to 27 October, including a special YEL workshop and graduation on 24 October.
Applicants must complete an online form, submit a full CV, and provide a letter of support from their workplace supervisor.
The ideal candidate
The ideal profile for a YEL participant is of a mid-career professional who:
- Is working in hospital administration or healthcare services, either in a hospital, a hospital association or a ministry of health.
- Is willing to develop their leadership skills while learning from international experiences.
- Holds a leadership position within their organization or aspires to grow professionally to become better leader.
- Has the support and approval of their supervisor/hospital leader/senior administrator to participate fully in the programme. You can find a template letter of support here.
- Is up to 40 years of age.
- Is affiliated to an IHF member organization.
By applying, and if selected to the programme, candidates commit to:
- Work on, and be engaged in, the programme the amount of time needed to complete their tasks (The IHF estimates a participant will need to spend an average of 2 to 3 hours per week on YEL related activities).
- Actively contribute to their group work.
- Attend the World Hospital Congress in Lisbon from 25 to 27 October 2023, including a special YEL workshop and graduation on 24 October.
Want to know more about the programme?
Find out more about the experience in this interview with YEL 2022 participant Rizza Rivera:
And tune in to the podcast from YEL Alumni Leandro Luis, Pritindira Sachdeva, and John Kueven, as they reflect on the impact YEL has had on their leadership skills and professional network.