Open now: Applications to join the YEL 2024 programme.
- The application process is now closed.
- Candidates selected for the 2024 programme will be informed by mid-February.
- Masterclasses will take place from March to September.
- Small group work with international peers in a special interest area, to produce a work item to be published between August and September.
- Attendance at the 47th World Hospital Congress in Rio (Brazil) from 10 to 12 September, including a special YEL workshop and graduation on 9 September.
Applicants must complete an online form, submit a full CV, and provide a letter of support from their workplace supervisor.
The ideal candidate
The ideal profile for a YEL participant is of a mid-career professional who:
- Is working in hospital administration or healthcare services, either in a hospital, a hospital association or a ministry of health.
- Is willing to develop their leadership skills while learning from international experiences.
- Holds a leadership position within their organization or aspires to grow professionally to become better leader.
- Has the support and approval of their supervisor/hospital leader/senior administrator to participate fully in the programme. You can find a template letter of support here.
- Is up to 40 years of age.
- Is affiliated to an IHF member organization.
By applying, and if selected to the programme, candidates commit to:
- Work on, and be engaged in, the programme the amount of time needed to complete their tasks (The IHF estimates a participant will need to spend an average of 2 to 3 hours per week on YEL related activities).
- Actively contribute to their group work.
- Attend the 47th World Hospital Congress in Rio (Brazil) from 10 to 12 September, including a special YEL workshop and graduation on 9 September.
Want to know more about the programme?
Find out more about the experience in this interview with YEL 2023 participants Tien Phat Nguyen and Ana Filipa Geraldo:
And tune in to the podcast from YEL Alumni Leandro Taylor Johanssen (YEL 2021), sat down with Moustafa Abdelwahab (YEL 2022), Hiba Al Naabi (YEL 2019), Jim Houser (YEL 2021) and Abel Tesfaye (YEL 2023) as they talk about their experience on how the programme helped them in their career journey.